Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Daughter's Tea Time

I have had this idea in my mind for some time. 

Mulling it over... Considering what it would look like... 

Once as a young girl, my mom took my sister and I to a High Tea.  It was a special afternoon that we shared - sipping tea in fancy hats. 

As I've matured as a mom, I've come to see more and more that each mom has their own special way of being mom.  The mom that is just right for the children you have been blessed with.  I'm learning to celebrate what are my strengths and incorporate that into my children's hearts. 

That is were the idea for Tea Parties with my daughters began.

Here is what it has looked like so far.
  • We invite two friends, one for each of my girls. 
  • We choose a menu for our guest.  So far its been one savory and one sweet recipe.  Nothing fancy just something simple that the girls can make with me. 
  • We set the table together.  I chose a fun tea set that would grow with my girls through the years.   We place the table cloth, dishes, and center piece. 
  • We get all dressed up.  What could be more fun than an afternoon of dress up and tea with friends. 
  • Enjoy tea time with friends.  This has been a great way for me to teach my daughter's simple manners and etiquette, something that seems to be a lost art these days.   
It's been my goal to have one once of a month with my girls.  We've come pretty close.  I love knowing that I'm investing in my daughters in a way that incorporates who I am as a women and mother.   The memories we are making with my daughter's tea time will be treasured for years to come. 








No comments:

Post a Comment