Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's Just a Season

  For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. - Ecclesiastes 3:1 -->

A dear friend of mine has told me repeatedly, “It’s a season.” 

And really it is…a season of sleepless nights, of nursing, of baby food, of ...you can fill it in.  As a first time mom, I couldn’t quite find the comfort in the words, “it’s just a season.”  But now as a mom of two small ones I take more comfort in them.  My oldest no longer pulls everything out of the kitchen cupboards and she finally does eat meat and not just fruit and carbs! 

I have spent so much time worrying over things that are really, “just a season.”  Right now my youngest squawks about everything.  Not a quite squawk, a LOUD squawk.  While driving, she cries seventy percent of the time.  But I remind myself, “it’s just a season.”  She will learn how to talk soon enough and then…there will be another season.  The Bible talks about this.  A season for everything under heaven.  So the question I ask myself is…“Will I fret about this season I find myself in or remember God has lovingly put me here.” He already knows how this season will turn out and it will be for my good! (Jeremiah 29:11)

What season are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment