Friday, October 14, 2011

Deck the walls for fall...



I dusted off the fall decor box and peeked inside.  What to put this year?  I questioned myself.  "Is this too much for my season of life right?" I do have a three and one year old.  But... I LOVE to decorate, especially for the holidays.  The process of bringing in something new to my home and the warm visual reminders of the season encourage my heart.   So Yes, I'll put them up.  But I told myself KISS - Keep It Simple Sweetie.  So this is what I did.  I kept everything fall to my main living areas and added simple accents to my current home decor.
I added fall foliage and pumpkins to shelves and counters.

Just a few pumpkins on the porch.
Dressing up my dinning room window. 
I have a few of these on the doors around the house.  Easy!
Just added the leaves!  So fall now.
A decoration my kids can play with. He is in the family room.
Be encouraged!  You don't have to do much to bring a touch of fall into your home.  My glade air freshener and Scenty fall scents were the final touches.  Now my home has all the comforts of fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment