Thursday, May 9, 2013

So They Say

This is my favorite mommy helper!  The Bumbo.  With the introduction of baby girl #3, it sure comes it handy.  We welcome her as our new decor center piece because she moves from room to room.  

So while my Bumbo was helping me yesterday, holding its precious cargo, I proceeded to get ready for my first Mother's Day Tea.  I had one of those tender moments.  They say, "They get big fast!"  We hear this from every mom.  It is one of those sayings that kinda goes in one ear and out the other.  We all nod in agreement.  But in this moment, it stuck.

Just a little less than five years ago, this same Bumbo held my first daughter while I was getting ready.  She was sweetly doing the same things.  Grabbing everything in sight. Chewing on my lip gloss.  Did I treasure it then?  Do I treasure it now?  That is my desire to treasure each crazy-tiring moment because we only hold them in our hands for a moment. 

So in this moment I chose to treasure it and give thanks.  Taking note of the simple things.  Her grabbing everything.  Her chopping on whatever was in her cubby hands.  Seeing her cubby legs sticking out with curled, tiny toes.

The time is going by fast. We will blink and they will be all grown up.  So today let's pause and find something to treasure and give thanks.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment