Sunday, June 23, 2013

Taking it Easy but NOT on purpose...

So ridiculously funny, I tripped.  I was in a hurry to get back home to the babysitter.   Baby on hip and pushing the stroller with the other hand.  (Can anyone tell me why we push strollers and the baby is not in it!)  Off the curb I flew, tripped, and crunch went my foot.  Thankfully there were some sweet shoppers there to help hold the baby and get my cell phone.  I was trying my hardest not to pass out and puke from the pain!  I was sure I had broken it!  "Do you want us to call the ambulance," asked the mall security as they filled out their incident report (Asking all kinds of questions like, "How did you fall...")  "No, I'll call my husband to recuse me." No ambulance, as dollar signs floated across my brain.   Along with other thoughts..."This is not good timing I have house guest tonight; I have three small kids at home; It's time to feed the baby; my foot is now the size of a baseball."  But most of all, "If only I had NOT come shopping!"  

Surprisingly my hubby got there super fast from work.  Which was good because I was rather embarrassed as I was laid out on the sidewalk from mild shock.  Off we went to get an x-ray.  Thankfully, it was not broken.  Like all bad sprains it will just take time to heal.  Elevate, ice 3X a day, and take good old ibuprofen.   As we headed out, me in the wheelchair, I told my hubby this was NOT the kind of break I was wanting.

The "only if's" continued to play in my mind."  "Lord," I whispered, "what is your TRUTH in this hiccup."





Psalm 139 says...
O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up. (or fall off a curb!)
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You see me when I travel (to JCPenny's)
    and when I rest at home (on the sofa with an ice pack).
    You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
    You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too great for me to understand!
                                                                                                  *My italics and brackets

Jesus knew this.   As much as I can sit here and say, "If only I'd done my shopping later," He knew.  Like every mom, I try to control my life.  But Jesus is perfectly in control.  Even in this.

And yes, His word is already proving true to me again.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 

I have had more sweet cuddles from my girls and time to play on the floor with them, I had to set down my pride to let others help & I have been able to point my girls to Jesus.  

Day three recovery and I don't need the crutches anymore.  Walking like a snail but less swelling and less pain and a nice big purple bruise.  I give the praise to Jesus even in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment